SAN ANTONIO — A federal jury has convicted a Cuban national on two counts of destruction of government property after prosecutors said he intentionally damaged vehicles owned by United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement earlier this year.
According to the United States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Texas, 25-year-old Robyn Argote-Brooks of Havana, was convicted on May 7, 2026, following a three-day federal jury trial in San Antonio.
Federal prosecutors said that on Jan. 13, Argote-Brooks used his vehicle to damage two federally owned vehicles maintained by ICE:
Authorities said the damage to each vehicle exceeded $1,000.
Argote-Brooks was initially arrested and charged by criminal complaint with one count of destruction of government property.
A federal indictment filed Feb. 4 later added:
Fred Biery presided over the trial.
The case was investigated by United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement Homeland Security Investigations with assistance from United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement Enforcement and Removal Operations.
Assistant U.S. Attorneys Amy Walker and Todd Keagle prosecuted the case.