Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

The Bandera Review Logo

San Antonio News

San Antonio Man Pleads Guilty to Fraud and Bribery Charges in Two Separate Cases

Javor McCoy, a 42-year-old man from San Antonio, pleaded guilty yesterday to charges related to fraud and bribery, according to court documents. McCoy, while attempting to avoid a civil court appearance in Dallas, transmitted a criminal summons to a Dallas County Court employee. The summons falsely displayed a United States magistrate judge's electronic signature and provided a fictitious court appearance date for McCoy.

McCoy, the owner of Ready 2 Go Transport Central LLC (R2G Central), a purported Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, had previously faced charges in another case involving bribery of a public official. His co-defendant in the bribery case, Glenn Dartone Johnson, 49, of San Antonio, served as the contracting officer with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA).

In the bribery case, McCoy allegedly paid Johnson approximately $100,000 for information about the VA bid process and for Johnson's assistance in influencing the process to favor R2G Central in winning competitive bids from the VA.

McCoy pleaded guilty to one count of fraud in connection with identification documents or authentication features and one count of conspiracy to commit bribery of a public official. A sentencing date has not been set, but McCoy could face a maximum prison term of 15 years for the fraud count and a maximum prison term of five years for the bribery charge. The sentencing will be determined by a federal district court judge, considering U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

Johnson had previously pleaded guilty on December 20, 2023, to one count of conspiracy to commit bribery of a public official and is scheduled for sentencing on March 14, 2024.

The announcement was made by U.S. Attorney Jaime Esparza of the Western District of Texas and Acting Special Agent in Charge Doug Olson for the FBI San Antonio Division. The case is currently under investigation by the FBI and VA-OIG.

You May Also Like