Forbes has released its fourth annual list of “America’s Best Employers by State” and Baptist Health System is named among the top companies in Texas. Baptist is also one of only a handful of companies in San Antonio to make Best Employers in Texas list.
Forbes says about the companies named to the list, “Employers have had to motivate talent, combat burnout and ensure the well-being and safety of their workers, while pursuing profits amid a sensitive political landscape that spurred new levels of corporate activism – not to mention a growing divide in what people want from institutions and companies.”
Here are the San Antonio companies that made the Best Employers in Texas list:
- 5th The University of Texas at San Antonio - employs 4,003 people
- 9th H-E-B - employs 145,000 people
- 12th The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio - employs 6,030 people
- 41st Baptist Health System - employs 6,200
- 56th Frost Bank - employs 4,553 people
- 63rd City of San Antonio - employs 13,394 people
- 78th North East Independent School District - employs 8,210 people
- 82nd United States Automobile Association (USAA) - employs 37,000 people
Baptist Health System Group CEO Matt Stone said, "Our top priority at Baptist is to do everything in our power to create a safe and rewarding work environment for our employees and physicians. I am very pleased that these efforts are recognized as making a positive difference for our team members, which also translates into exceptional care for our patients and the community."